The Hanover is a leading U.S. emerging national provider of property and casualty insurance headquartered in central Massachusetts. For over 160 years, we’ve proved a wide range of insurance products and services to businesses, individuals and families. Today, we have a growing book of specialty lines insurance offerings, which help support the evolving insurance needs of niche risks and markets. Through our member company, Chaucer, we also underwrite business at Lloyd’s of London in several major insurance and reinsurance classes.
Financially, we’re an “A” rated international company and have earned a reputation for having sound capital management, strong underwriting results and superior service. We also have a unique value oriented distribution strategy, which allows us to partner with the best 2,000 independent agents and brokers in the country to deliver insurance excellence across our five regions.
The Hanover is more than a financial strong and rapidly growing company with outstanding products and services. We are home to over 5,000 of the best insurance professionals in the property and casualty industry. As an employer of choice, our employees have the unique experience of being part of an organization with a long, proud history of delivering on our promises, as well as the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of a “start-up” company. As a Hanover employee, you will gain the new experiences, expanded skill set, and career potential that comes with working for an industry leader and one of the fastest growing companies in the insurance industry.
Our compensation and benefits programs are based on the strong belief that our people are our company’s most valuable asset. We offer comprehensive benefits to help you stay healthy, build financial security, balance work and personal responsibilities, and achieve your professional goals.
When you join The Hanover, you will become part of a company that believes in making a difference. The Hanover encourages employees to participate in corporate-sponsored and personal events, programs and volunteer opportunities that benefit our communities.
To learn more about The Hanover and our career opportunities for new-to-insurance professionals please visit jobs.hanover.com or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our University Relations Team will be in touch with you.
Our strategic priorities and core skills keep us focused, but our values are what make our company special. Our values drive the behavior that allows us to move quickly and to enjoy our journey together. In a nutshell, here’s what we believe in:
1. Integrity and Honesty: We believe our journey requires complete honesty about how we are doing, as individuals and as a team. With ongoing, open dialogue, and a focus on getting better every day, we will achieve our goal of being a world class company.
2. Teamwork and Collaboration: We believe we can ensure our success by consistently looking for ways to come together to improve our competitive position. We must work across functions and markets to get to the best solutions quickly. Through teamwork, we become more efficient and effective, achieving positive results that even the most talented among us could never achieve alone.
3. Accountability for Results: We believe we all must hold ourselves accountable for our results. On great teams, every member works to understand his or her respective role and embraces opportunities to take responsibility and make a difference. Every person matters. We will win together.
4. Commitment to Winning: We believe we must commit to win in every market in which we compete, and we provide the people, products, and services necessary to do just that. We will never dabble in any market or in any product line. And, every agent partner and every customer can expect that we are committed to delivering the very best to them every day.
5. Meritocracy: We believe that employees should be recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make to our company and the extent to which they live our values. What matters most is how well we contribute individually and collectively to create a world class company.
Our Recent Accolades
America's Best Employers, Forbes, 2015
Fortune 500, Fortune, 2015
Best Places to Work, Business Insurance, 2014
We run the largest United Way Campaign for a company our size in the Country. Last year over 87% of our employees participated and donated over $1,000,000.