The primary goal of the Brantley Center is to develop the strongest possible program in risk management and insurance, consistent with the mission of the Walker College of Business. Input from the insurance industry is provided by an advisory board. Specific objectives of the Center are as follows:
- Involve students with the insurance industry.
- Assist and provide students with opportunities to participate in professional designation and licensing programs.
- Encourage involvement by inviting industry leaders to participate in classes and speak to student organizations.
- Support research and faculty development.
- Direct research activities toward problems and questions of interest to the insurance industry.
- Assist the industry in the design and delivery of training and continuing education programs.
- Help educate the public about the role of insurance in modern life and the function and activities of the insurance industry.
Brantley Center “Points of Pride”:
- 5th largest RMI program in the US
- 975+ RMI graduates from AppState in the last 25 years
- 175 RMI majors in 2013-14
- 90% job placement rate for RMI majors
- More than $80,000 in scholarships awarded annually to AppState RMI majors
- 5 RMI student winners of the prestigious AAMGA “White Paper” award the last 5 years
- More than half of RMI majors travel to off-campus industry events
- Spring Break trip to London financial district for International Insurance Markets class students
- AppState RMI students won multiple awards at international Gamma Iota Sigma convention
- Brantley Risk & Insurance Center: 25+ years of educating and preparing industry leaders