15 Recruitment Ideas From Insurance Careers Month Firms Can Use Year-Round
Hundreds of insurance organizations and professionals celebrated the second annual Insurance Careers Month this past February, which raises awareness about the exciting career paths in the insurance industry.
Throughout the month, participants came up with a variety of different ways to connect with young people and help guide them toward fulfilling and rewarding careers they’ve probably never heard of, like actuary, underwriter, risk manager and claims investigator.
Below are just a few examples of how companies engaged with the next generation of young talent, which all kinds of firms can apply year-round.
1. Posted an article on the company website about the benefits of insurance careers
2. Gathered and posted online testimonials of insurance professionals about why they enjoy their careers
3. Pitched or submitted an article about insurance careers to news media
4. Created a video and posted it on company social media channels
5. Invited high school and college students to a tour of company offices
6. Held on-campus events for college students
7. Organized speaking events at area high schools
8. Spoke at meetings of student organizations
9. Held internal events to encourage employees to reach out to young family members and friends
10. Partnered with an industry organization to hold a joint career-focused event
11. Held a contest to get students excited about learning more about risk careers
12. Held a virtual event for students from all over to learn more about insurance careers
13. Posted to personal social media and shared other participating organizations’ posts
14. Reached out personally to young people and had one-on-one conversations
15. Sent promotional materials and contact information to school guidance counselors
Have any other ideas you’d like to share? Please post them in the comments below!